Passive secondary server

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Passive secondary server

Postby SysOp » Mar 23 16 10:41 pm

I have a licensing question: Can I have a passive secondary WinGate Enterprise server as a backup in case the primary server is having issues? Do I need to purchase an extra license if only one server is being used at a time?
SysOp

Re: Passive secondary server

Postby MattP » Mar 24 16 8:03 pm

Hi,

We recommend that you activate a free trial license in that case. You are able to activate two 30 day trials in a 6 month period, so you can activate the trial to configure the server and then if you need to bring it online you can simply activate a new trial until you can deactivate your existing license and activate it on the backup machine.

Each WinGate installation requires its own license, so you cannot run more than one WinGate server at the same time with only one license.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby SysOp » Mar 24 16 11:01 pm

Hi Matt,

I guess this will do during the first 6 months after the first failure. I will probably be able to fix the primary server within 30 days and again when another issue occurs within 6 months.
But what happens after 6 months? Can I request 2 new 30-day trials within another 6 months automatically? Or can I request a trial reset manually so I can have another 30 day trial the next time something happens?

Regards,
Jeroen
SysOp

Postby MattP » Mar 25 16 8:29 am

Hi Jeroen,

After the first 6 months you can request another two trials.

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate