Wingate stops service on port 80

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate stops service on port 80

Postby holgerfl » Apr 20 16 10:54 pm

Hello community,
I have the problem that communication over port 80 is blocked on my wingate machine with following configuration:

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit / Service Pack 1
Trend Micro Virus scanner
Windows Firewall enabled
Wingate 8.4.2.4814

Sometimes ( twice a month) communication from our Clients to internet is blocked by wingate machine. It seems as if only port 80 is affected.
Browsing to Google e.g. does not work. Connections with https or ftp or name resolution connections are still working. Restarting the QBIK Wingate
Service does not help. Disabling Windows Firewall doues not help. Only restarting the machine helps. I found no entries in windows event log.

Does anybody have an idea for me?
Thanks, Holger
holgerfl

Re: Wingate stops service on port 80

Postby MattP » Apr 21 16 9:21 am

Hi Holger,

The next time that this happens can you please run NETSTAT -ANO from a command prompt and see which process ID is listening on port 80? You can then find this process ID in task manager and see what is listening on that port. I'm guessing that something else is grabbing the port before WinGate can and so your clients are unable to connect to WinGate on that port. Often skype will listen on port 80, or if you're running IIS or some other internet service they could be using it too.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby holgerfl » Apr 21 16 8:39 pm

Hi Matt,
thanks for answering so quickly. I will try NETSTAT next time it happens.

Regards,
Holger
holgerfl

Postby adrien » Apr 21 16 8:43 pm

Hi Holger

so your web proxy stops working basically? Are you intercepting only port 80 to the proxy, and other ports (e.g. https(443) and ftp(21)) still go through NAT?

Do you have any log entries in WinGate that indicate any problem? We could take a look remotely at your system if you like, just send a request to support@wingate.com

Regards

Adrien de Croy
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate