VisNetic AV 4.4.3 no longer works after reinstall 5.0.7

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

VisNetic AV 4.4.3 no longer works after reinstall 5.0.7

Postby saubrey » Nov 26 03 4:28 pm

I installed 5.1 (previously had 5.0.7), but it had problems (VPN didn't work and it didn't hang up the modem), so I re-installed 5.0.7. But now GateKeeper claims that VisNetic AV 4.4.3 is not installed. VisNetic AV 4.4.3 was installed before I upgraded to 5.1, and it was installed after upgrading to 5.1, but now that I've re-installed 5.0.7 it is not installed. What happened? And how do I get it back? I no longer have the 4.4.3 installer...I do have the 4.4.2 installer, but I'm hesitant to install that old version. Where can I get the 4.4.3 installer? I do have Kaperskeny AV 1.1, but it only works with Wingate 5.1...which doesn't work.

The VisNetic Plug-in Update Scheduler is still installed and I can run it. It says that the "Multi-threaded engine version 4.0.2.20 is installed, but the Single Threaded engine version s not installed. Possibly all that needs to be done is to tweak some Wingate registry setting? Please help.
saubrey
WinGate Master

Postby erwin » Nov 27 03 9:18 am

Hi Saubrey

If you have a valid Visnetic licence key, then I would suggest contacting Deerfield for 4.4.3 version of the plugin so you can reinstall it, as your existing installation my not be able to register itself properly with WinGate.

Unfortunately as you know Kaspersky AV for WinGate will only work with 5.1 which is not a great help to you so I would suggest a reinstall of the 4.4.3 Visnetic AV.

Regards
Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Postby adrien » Nov 28 03 2:52 am

This sounds like the file PLuginDKAV.dll was not removed when you removed 5.1 and so you may be running WinGate 5.0.7 with the later version of this DLL...

you can check the file date of

c:\program files\wingate\plugins\AntiVirus\PluginDKAV.dll

to see if it is around the same date as the WinGate engine, if not, you can extract it again from your 507 install by running the installer with a /X switch.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate