Wingate installation

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate installation

Postby espengongo » Sep 30 16 11:42 pm

Dear All,
After evaluating the free version of wingate, we just bought an enterprise license for 250 users and would like to know if I can install 2 or more servers to control my users because I have staffs in more than 1 location with different gateways to internet.
I was thinking on the way to interconnect them to pass through only one Wingate server but the deployment is not easy to do.

Best Regards,

Esperant
espengongo

Re: Wingate installation

Postby MattP » Oct 03 16 9:07 am

Hi Esperant,

A WinGate license can only be activated on one machine at a time, so you are not able to use one license on two machines at the same time.

You could still get your users in a different location to connect through the WinGate WWW proxy at your main office. To do this you'd need to bind the WWW proxy to your external adapter and have the remote clients connect to the external IP address of your network. If you do this, we highly recommend using authentication on your WWW proxy to avoid becoming an open proxy for unauthenticated users.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Re: Wingate installation

Postby espengongo » Oct 03 16 9:37 pm

Hi Matt,
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the solution will not work because of the internet speed in the remote areas. We do not have high speed (fiber) in many cities in Africa, many remote sites use vsat connectivity with > 600 ms of latency. So proxying the remote client to the Wingate server at the central site will not be helpful.

Regards,

Esperant
espengongo

Return to WinGate