Measure Internet Usage

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Measure Internet Usage

Postby onyxtacular » Oct 14 16 1:26 pm

Hi Everyone,
I've been task to find out how much our "Internet" our company uses. For those interested here's the back story:
I work for small company..about 30 computers in a small town...about 900 people. In this small town we have one internet provider. Frontier. We have a T-1 (1.5mb) internet connection that's divided between the 30 computers and exchange server....very little bandwidth to say the least. Anyway we are thinking about moving to Excede Satellite Internet but don't know how much we use. I'm hoping Wingate can give me the answer.

Is it possible to measure internet usage with Wingate? If so, how do I get this information?

Is there anything special that needs to be done when putting an exchange server behind Wingate?

Thanks in advance,

Damian
onyxtacular

Re: Measure Internet Usage

Postby sawi » Oct 16 16 11:52 am

I using this tools to record bandwidth usage -> https://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
it's free.

after setup (or use the portable version), go into setting & set to monitor your external nic only.
sawi

Postby espengongo » Oct 30 16 9:59 pm

sawi wrote:I using this tools to record bandwidth usage -> https://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
it's free.

after setup (or use the portable version), go into setting & set to monitor your external nic only.

Dear All,
How can I implement reporting in Wingate enterprise edition? My customer needs to have report of bandwidth usage per user, the top 20 or 10 users, the top 20 or 10 visited sites,...
Management would like to have reports which can help to now how internet is used within the company.
I went through the product and didn't see any reporting facility.
Can someone helps me?

Best regards,

Esperant
espengongo

Postby MattP » Oct 31 16 7:52 pm

Hi Esperant,

WinGate doesn't have any reporting tools built-in, but it does create W3C usage logs (with a Professional or Enterprise license) which can be analyzed by third party log analyzers. There are a lot of analyzers available, from free to paid.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby espengongo » Nov 01 16 12:30 am

Thank you Matt.
However, I would like to know if the timeline server (activity) can be used as database for reporting as we have Ms sql and access developer.
Best regards,

Esperant
espengongo

Return to WinGate