Wingate services at client

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate services at client

Postby ghafour » Nov 11 16 8:02 pm

Hi all
i am new to the forum and recently installed win gate v 7 working fine on client PC with proxy settings automatic detection.
but unable to ping ,Remote PC access and mainly outlook mail access to mails server is blocked at client .
please some one guide me to resolve this issue

Thanks
ghafour

Re: Wingate services at client

Postby ghafour » Nov 15 16 12:41 am

any one please guide on subject described
ghafour

Postby MattP » Nov 15 16 7:43 am

Hi,

I'm wondering if perhaps your WinGate Network driver is not installed, which is stopping NAT connections from working. Can you open the Windows adapter properties, if it's not listed there click Install, select Service and you should see the WinGate Network driver listed as an option. If it's not there, click Have Disk and browse to \WinGate\Drivers\Vista and select the driver. Reboot after the installation and test.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby espengongo » Nov 16 16 7:42 am

Matt,
I already posted ticket about issue I faced on Windows 2012R2, it seems that the ENS driver is not working fine. When I tried to change any settings in the bandwidth monitor tab, the system crashed with NDIS error which is related to windows network card services.
To come back to the topic, I'm really disappointed with the deployment, it seems that only packets from client using proxy settings in their browser are intercepted! So if the user has to use the laptop outside of the office he need "automatic detection settings". So it is difficult to manage such situation in an enterprise with 250 users. Why the interception port set up for the proxy service can't intercept traffic coming in its LAN card?
How can I make sure that everything is intercepted what ever the client browser is?

Best regards,

Esperant
espengongo

Return to WinGate