Wingate 9 -tpl custom responses, WPAD.dat & HTTPcache

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate 9 -tpl custom responses, WPAD.dat & HTTPcache

Postby sawi » Dec 31 16 2:29 am

Hi Wingate Team,

1) my tpl custome responded only work after I manually copy "HTTPCustomResponses" folder in Program Files/Wingate & paste it to ProgramData/Qbik/Wingate

2) where to put wpad.dat file?
-in wingate 8 it locate under Program Files/Wingate/Resources.. it's need to manual copy & paste it to ProgramData/Qbik/Wingate folder to?

3) I turn of HTTP cache, it's any bad effect?
-i turn it off becauce our network is small, below 10 user & link to 100Mbps fiber, so i think no need HTTP cache, correct me if I'm wrong.

TQ
sawi

Re: Wingate 9 -tpl custom responses, WPAD.dat & HTTPcache

Postby adrien » Jan 13 17 12:46 pm

Hi Sawi

the WinGate 9 installer should have moved the Resources folder (where WPAD template resides) and custom responses folder. We will re-check that, it was tested.

As for whether to run cache, in many cases it doesn't provide much boost, and so the cost is not worth it. It really depends on which sites your users mainly go to. There's no problem turning it off, you should be able to tell if it's better or not.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Re: Wingate 9 -tpl custom responses, WPAD.dat & HTTPcache

Postby marklp » Jul 09 17 11:41 am

Blimey - I've just wasted 3 hours of my life trying to get a custom wpad.template working with Wingate 9. Creating it in C:\Program Files\Wingate\Resources\ has no effect.

It appears that you have to create a directory named "Resources" in C:\ProgramData\Qbik\WinGate\ and then create your wpad.template file within.

I hope this helps someone else googling for the answer.
marklp

Return to WinGate