How open Wingate Management

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

How open Wingate Management

Postby alpires » Jan 05 17 8:00 am

Hi, I installed the wingate but I am not able to authenticate the wingate management. I ckick in localhost connection profile and I choose "Log on as current Windows user", but dont work. With option "use another account" dont work too.
I am using windows 8.1

Some idea?
alpires

Re: How open Wingate Management

Postby MattP » Jan 05 17 7:21 pm

Hi,

Can you try logging in as Administrator with no password please?

Thanks,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby wicksee » May 30 17 10:21 pm

I have the same issue.

I installed the software using the local Administrator account. If i log on to the server (Windows 2012 R2) using that Administrator account, i can then successfully log on to Wingate management (localhost/using current credentials)

If i log on to the server (Windows logon) using any other account (with local administrator rights), then i cannot logon to Wingate.
I select localhost/using current windows credentials and this fails.
i then try localhost/using another account - enter the local Administrator credentials (under which i installed the software) and this is rejected also. There is no error message, it just fails back to the logon window.

The ONLY way to access Wingate management is to log on to the server as Administrator (the account under which the software was installed).

How can i rectify this please?
wicksee

Postby wicksee » May 30 17 10:25 pm

Does this help:

2150 30/05/2017 10:14:46.699 127.0.0.1 WinNT User Database 4740 Negotiate warning 30 User S-1-5-21-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx authenticated but not found, rejecting authentication request
2151 30/05/2017 10:14:46.699 127.0.0.1 WinNT User Database 4740 Negotiate warning 0 Authentication failed to Remote Control Service
2152 30/05/2017 10:14:46.699 127.0.0.1 Unknown Remote Control Service 4740 273 warning 0 Login failed
wicksee

Postby wicksee » May 30 17 10:29 pm

One more thing - the server is a domain member.
So the account i'm using to log on with is NOT a part of the NT local users database (it's a domain account).
Although the domain account has local admin rights.

But, if i attempt to logon to Wingate as the local Administrator, it still fails.
wicksee

Postby adrien » May 31 17 1:42 pm

Hi

to log onto WinGate with a domain account, WinGate must be set to use the AD users and groups connector (in Users and Groups, select provider).

That log entry shows that the SSPI authentication succeeded, but that the SID (domain user SID) didn't match any local user account, so the auth was rejected.

We typically don't recommend using the Windows users and groups connector in WinGate for reasons like:

* local windows Administrator account is typically disabled by default
* membership of local Administrators group is typically empty by default

which caused problems for WinGate's default permissions etc.

If you need to reset the user database provider, and can't log in, we have instructions herehttp://help.qbik.com/index.php?topic_id=407

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby wicksee » May 31 17 10:05 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I've switched to using the Wingate user db and i can now login to Wingate successfully from any Windows account.

I've disabled the Administrator account :-)

Thank you.
wicksee

Return to WinGate