HTTP Proxy, bind to two interfaces

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

HTTP Proxy, bind to two interfaces

Postby xpro » Jan 13 17 10:30 pm

I have setup a HTTP proxy that binds to a network interface on my machine. But I would like to have incoming proxy connections use one network interface and I want another another network interface used for outgoing connections. Is this possible with WinGate? I am using the HTTP proxy service
xpro

Re: HTTP Proxy, bind to two interfaces

Postby MattP » Jan 14 17 9:19 am

Hi,

Are the two adapters on different IP subnets? Normally if you have two adapters, one will connect to the LAN and the other will connect to the Internet, is that the way that you have it set up? If so, go to Control Panel::Network connections and check that your LAN adapter is marked as internal and your Internet adapter is marked as external. By default, the WWW proxy service will only bind to the internal adapter, so it should then work as you want it to.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby xpro » Jan 14 17 3:27 pm

Are the two adapters on different IP subnets?
They are connected to different routers and different internet connections.

Normally if you have two adapters, one will connect to the LAN and the other will connect to the Internet, is that the way that you have it set up?
Both have internet, the one for incoming connections has a static IP and the one for outgoing connections has a dynamic IP.

Would this still be possible with my setup?
xpro

Postby MattP » Jan 17 17 7:19 pm

Both have internet, the one for incoming connections has a static IP and the one for outgoing connections has a dynamic IP.

So you are hosting a service or services on your network that you're making available to users on the Internet? Will WinGate be doing anything with this connection, i.e. redirecting or reverse proxying the incoming connection?

You can specify a gateway policy in the WWW proxy service, so you can decide which gateway your outgoing connections should use. So I think that you will be able to do what you need to do with WinGate. The best thing would be to install WinGate on a test server, activate a 30 day free trial during installation and try it out. We're happy to help with any questions you have during the trial period.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate