Proxy Server

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Proxy Server

Postby Drunya » Feb 15 17 1:03 am

Good afternoon. Please tell me. How to make what would a proxy server will connect only IP addresses that are known to me. That is the IP which I could install. And the other is not even seen proxies.
Drunya

Re: Proxy Server

Postby MattP » Feb 15 17 10:32 am

Hi,

Are you talking about making a proxy available to the Internet? You could create a web access rule that only accepts IP addresses listed on the Where tab and set the default rule to deny access. Then only an IP address that matches your rule will be able to access, all others will be disconnected.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby Drunya » Feb 15 17 6:10 pm

Good afternoon. Yes it is need only Internet access. I found the access rules but I can not understand which one you need to change or something to disable? Do not tell me how to create a rule and what to do with the 3 rules are created by default
Drunya

Postby MattP » Feb 15 17 8:21 pm

Hi,

You can disable the existing access rules and set the default rule to deny access. Now create a new access rule as follows:
Click Add Rule from tasks on the Access Rules panel
Name the rule and set the rule result to allow access, click Next
On the Who tab select Everyone from the dropdown
On the Where tab, change the dropdown to "Only those IPs specified" and enter your IP addresses
On the What tab select Everything to allow access to all sites, or restrict access to specific sites depending on your requirements
Leave the When tab set to Always, click Finish.

Do you want to make the proxy available to users on the Internet or users on your LAN?

If it's users on the Internet then you'll need to first add a binding policy (Control Panel::Services::WWW Proxy Service::Bindings) to bind the service to your Internet adapter. When you do this anyone on the Internet will be able to use your proxy as an open proxy, so you should have your access rules in place first.

If it's users on your LAN then by default the proxy will already be bound to your internal adapter.

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby Drunya » Feb 15 17 8:45 pm

Made the rule as you wrote and everything miraculously worked. Thank you very much
Drunya

Return to WinGate