Routing in Wingate

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Routing in Wingate

Postby Roadkill » Feb 25 17 5:40 am

Hi,

Wingate n00b here, please forgive my uselessness!

My network has 3 seperate internet connections, each has their own IP range and gateway.

Currently this is handled by Wingate using multiple proxies, which is a pain for wirless guest users as they have to enter proxy details to their mobile deivces.

I would like to instead route wireless users to a speicific internet router using Wingate as their Default Gateway. Is this possible?

TL;DR How do I route internet traffic from 192.168.10.0/24 to a gateway on 10.0.20.1 using Wingate.

Here is a rough diagram of my network at present:

TIA
Roadkill
Last edited by Roadkill on Feb 28 17 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roadkill

Re: Routing in Wingate

Postby Roadkill » Feb 28 17 4:27 am

More info:

1) My network connections are correctly marked as 'Internal' or 'External' where applicable.

2) I have tried making a simple simple policy but it did not work:

WinGate NAT: ClientConnect ---> Result = Allow

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Roadkill

Postby MattP » Feb 28 17 8:18 pm

Hi,

Is your WinGate Network Driver installed and functioning? Are you able to ping from a device behind WinGate to an address on the internet? You should see the NAT connection in the activity panel when you do this. If it doesn't work, can you check that your WinGate Network driver is installed in the Windows adapter properties. If it's not listed there, click Install, choose Service and you should see it as an option. If not, click Have Disk, browse to \WinGate\Drivers\Vista, select the driver and complete the installation, then reboot. Does NAT work now?

Once NAT is working you should be able to send connections from the internal adapter through to the external adapter. The OS will determine which gateway to use based on the assigned metric.

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby Roadkill » Mar 01 17 9:11 pm

Hi Matt,

Regarding the driver, I can't see it as an option to install and don't think it is already installed. However I can ping the server from all networks.

Am I looking in the correct places?

Installed Wingate services:

Wingate services available:

Cheers.
Roadkill

Postby MattP » Mar 07 17 7:57 pm

Hi,

Pinging to the server is not dependent on the WinGate Network driver, but pinging to an address on the internet can be. If you ping www.google.com you should get replies, and then on the activity panel in the WinGate console you'll see NAT:ICMP (IP address)-(IP address).

You can also verify that it's installed by looking at the Windows network adapter properties, it should be listed there.

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate