allow by IP address in URL

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

allow by IP address in URL

Postby george.tsanava » Mar 02 17 3:28 am

hello guys
for now i'm using and testing wingate 9 trial.

1. i'm interested about how to block all destination public ip addresses and how to allow some several destination public ip addresses?????

during tests i had 2 simple rule allow any and block any :)
i used one site https://forum.ge/ and its ip address is 188.93.95.26.
in case of only this two rules it is allowed if i go to *forum.ge* and is denied if i go to it by ip address 188.93.95.26.

2. what is preventing me to access webpage by his ip address??????

in next case when i wrote in the rule directly ip address it worked.

3.where to see the logs which say that because of this rule it is allowed or denied??????

many thanks :) i am new to wingate and interested to buy it please help.
george.tsanava

Re: allow by IP address in URL

Postby MattP » Mar 03 17 7:07 pm

Hi George,

If you want to control access by IP address you'll need to enter the IP address of the site. The access rule looks at the servername part of the request, so a request to *forum.ge* will be different to the IP address.

You can add columns to your log file to view access rules. Go to Control Panel::Logging, choose the Log files tab at the bottom of the main panel and then double click on the WWW Proxy usage log. Choose the format tab, and scroll to the bottom. Add rule-result and rule-name, click ok then choose refresh from the Logging tasks panel. This will roll the log file over, so you'll need to select the new log file from the top right "Log files" pane. Scroll to the right of the log and you will see those columns.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate