Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Postby george.tsanava » Mar 30 17 1:55 am

hello guys
i have blocked all ip addresses :)
except those which are neccessary for skype to connect.
but it doesnot connects anyway error is :// - http/1.1 400 malformed request
web.skype.com works fine.
can u help me? many thanks :)
george.tsanava

Re: skype

Postby MattP » Apr 03 17 9:09 pm

Hi George,

If you temporarily add a rule that allows access to everything does Skype work? If so, it sounds like you may need to track down the blocked site and add that to your allowed rule.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby george.tsanava » Apr 04 17 11:41 pm

Hi Mattp
i did so, i did as u explained, when i open skype it hits rule that allows everything absolutely :) and also on default deny rule i see that its miss. if skype misses default deny rule what it hits after this? i dont understand, explain it to me please matt :)
for us its important to block all ip addresses and skype we need too, so i really need help.
george.tsanava

Postby MattP » Apr 05 17 9:14 pm

Hi George,

Did skype work when you added the rule to allow everything?

The misses column for the default rule shows the time in the rule, not the number of misses. There won't be any misses for the default rule as anything that reaches it is effectively a hit.

Rules are evaluated from the top down, so by the time a request reaches the default rule it can't go any further and will return the default rule result. When a request is received by the WWW proxy it is evaluated against the rule at the top of the list, if it matches then it returns that rule result, otherwise it falls through to the next rule in the list, and so on until a result is returned or it hits the default rule, at which point it returns the default rule result.

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby george.tsanava » Apr 06 17 1:10 am

hi Matt
its clear about rules and thank u :)
but when i added rule that allows everything skype didnot works anyway, it doesnot connects, error on activity window is :// - http/1.1 400 malformed request
i uploaded screen for rule that allows everything.
Attachments
skype.JPG
skype.JPG (32.66 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
george.tsanava

Postby MattP » Apr 06 17 9:06 pm

Hi George,

Did you block access to all IPs with a web access rule or something else? If you specify a proxy in Skype are you able to connect? If you'd like to submit a ticket to our support desk I can connect in with you and have a look at what is happening.

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate