Help with Credential Rules and Activity

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Help with Credential Rules and Activity

Postby pquinn1212 » Apr 10 17 11:04 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the help with my previous question, I am now having some other issues.

So I have two teams and a list of sites I have blocked which has been sucessful, I have my access rule set up like this
Access Rule.PNG
Access Rule.PNG (39.32 KiB) Viewed 1703 times

Now from my understanding it will check the first rule and if it has no matches it will go to the 2nd rule, In the 1st rule I have added *.google.* and *.bing.* to the allowed categories but only for the users in the Advisors group. For some reason though when they are going to google.com the page isnt appearing atall not even the denied page when originally it was,also if I check in the activity log I can no longer see requests to google.com.

So my questions are
1) Is the way the rule is set up correct ? If so why would the site be being blocked still
2) Why would google.com no longer show in the activity tab.
pquinn1212

Re: Help with Credential Rules and Activity

Postby MattP » Apr 12 17 12:47 pm

Hi,

How have you added those sites to your classifier rule, can you show a screenshot of that please?

Can you go to Control Panel::Logging, choose the Log files tab at the bottom of the main panel, then double click the WWW proxy usage log. Now choose the Format tab and scroll to the bottom, add rule-name and rule-result, click ok, then choose Refresh from the tasks panel. This will roll over your log file so you'll need to select the new log file from the top right panel. Now try to go to google again, what do you see in the log? Is your request hitting the Search engine rule?

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate