Internet Proxy Server for specific partner IP

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Internet Proxy Server for specific partner IP

Postby dreis » Jun 02 17 3:45 am

Hi,

I am responsible for evaluating a proxy server for my company, yet I have no knowledge, so I would need your help to find out if WinGate is suitable.

We have a scenario like this:

Our company (local network)
- Computer 1
- C 2
- .. a few more computers

Partner company (remote network, inside their firewall/MZ/etc.., NO VPN to us)
- C 3
- C 4
- .. many more computers

Web Server (somewhere in the internet)
- C 6

Our intention is to create a proxy server at C1, passing through our company router (port redirecting, (not secure, i know)), where C3 (it's fine if all "Partner company" machines can access too with a IP-rule) can access C6 at Web Server.

The reason is the Web Server is allowing only "Our company" IP to access it, so we would like to create a tunnel to "Partner company" access it too.
It's forbidden to install any kind of software at "Partner Company" machines.

Is it possible? Not sure how to achieve this configuration in WinGate.

Thanks in advance!
dreis

Re: Internet Proxy Server for specific partner IP

Postby MattP » Jun 06 17 9:08 pm

Hi,

You can do this quite easily by making the WWW proxy accessible to the Internet. The only thing you'll need to be concerned about is preventing unknown Internet users from using your proxy as an open proxy. You could use authentication if you set up a username and password for each external user, or you could create a web access rule that only allows connections from specific IP addresses that you allow. The external users would have to specify a proxy and point to your external IP address to connect to you, and you'll need to edit the binding policy in the WWW proxy to bind only to an external adapter.

We can help you get this set up if you need some assistance.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Re: Internet Proxy Server for specific partner IP

Postby dreis » Jun 07 17 2:54 am

MattP wrote:Hi,

You can do this quite easily by making the WWW proxy accessible to the Internet. The only thing you'll need to be concerned about is preventing unknown Internet users from using your proxy as an open proxy. You could use authentication if you set up a username and password for each external user, or you could create a web access rule that only allows connections from specific IP addresses that you allow. The external users would have to specify a proxy and point to your external IP address to connect to you, and you'll need to edit the binding policy in the WWW proxy to bind only to an external adapter.

We can help you get this set up if you need some assistance.

Regards,

Matt

Matt, I will give a try!

Thank you!
dreis

Return to WinGate