Licensing

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Licensing

Postby JR Africa » Jun 09 17 7:27 pm

Hi Guys

I have set up a failover server which will be sitting on a remote site with SQL replication etc.

This server is part of my disaster recovery plan and will be used in the event of a local system failure.

I am at the Wingate section of server build and need to know what is the policy regarding licensing ?

I currently have a 31 User Enterprise license with a corresponding Kaspersky license.

Am I able to set up/activate these licenses on my failover server without compromising my existing server ?

Thanks
J
JR Africa

Re: Licensing

Postby MattP » Jun 20 17 8:40 pm

Hi J,

Each WinGate server requires its own license and a license can only be activated on one machine at a time. If you need a backup machine to be 100% accessible then you'd want a second license, however if you can wait until you can activate a trial license while you get the other license deactivated from the original machine then you could just use a trial license and then move your purchased license across.

Licenses can be deactivated from our website if you don't have access to the activated server because it has crashed.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate