VPN

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

VPN

Postby JR Africa » Jun 27 17 11:52 pm

Hi Guys

Now I know this is a post about VPN in the Wingate section but as I understand it VPN is now part of Wingate itself; hence my post here.

I have managed to successfully connect my remote site to the Master Node.
I can ping the master node which is published. However I can't ping any other machines on the lan behind the master node.

10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 Published
10.0.0.7 255.255.255.255 Published

There are no other published routes.
I have read through piles of documentation but all of it pertains to the Wingate VPN Client only.
I am probably doing something stupid, but could you perhaps let me know what it is lol.

I have opened 809 on both routers both TCP and UDP.
All pc's behind the master node all have the master node as the default gateway (one of the setup options I noticed).

Is this something to do with RIP ? Does each machine behind the master node need to have a client installed to participate in the VPN ?

Thanks
J
JR Africa

Re: VPN

Postby MattP » Jul 03 17 9:28 pm

Hi,

Have you set the local participation to Local Network? By default it will be local machine only. You can do this in the VPN settings, double click your VPN and you should see the option there.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby JR Africa » Jul 04 17 8:10 pm

Hi MattP

Yes the VPM is set to Local Network. Can only ping VPN Master node, nothing else behind it.

J
JR Africa

Postby JR Africa » Jul 05 17 12:34 am

Hi Guys

Finally managed to get this working.

First - the n00b error - windows firewall was blocking pings ./facepalm

Secondly - Remote and local all had to be in the same Workgroup.

J
JR Africa

Return to WinGate