Solve Access/Request Denied problem

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Solve Access/Request Denied problem

Postby dxccat » Nov 15 17 3:26 pm

When WinGate is running, some of the useful website will be block by the software including my own computer, instead, an "Access denied" or "Request denied" page were shown.
So how can I solve this problem? Can someone tell the way step by step or give me some image to describe, For my native language is not English and it is hard for me to configure that. Thanks!
Wingate version is 9.1, running on Windows 10 OS.
dxccat

Re: Solve Access/Request Denied problem

Postby MattP » Nov 17 17 8:08 am

Hi,

By default WinGate doesn't block anything, have you configured any web access rules or policies to restrict access? If so, can you show us what you've set up please?

Thanks,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby dxccat » Nov 17 17 7:43 pm

Sorry, but I haven't configured anything about web access rules or policy, only let it default. The website had returned to normal after WinGate is
uninstalled and it was blocked immediately after re-installed without any configuration.

MattP wrote:Hi,

By default WinGate doesn't block anything, have you configured any web access rules or policies to restrict access? If so, can you show us what you've set up please?

Thanks,

Matt
dxccat

Postby MattP » Nov 22 17 10:16 am

Hi,

What IP addresses are you using on your network? Have you configured your LAN computers to connect to a proxy in the browser settings?

Thanks,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate