Switch to full style
Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems
Post a reply

Whitelisting with wildcard?

Dec 26 17 5:23 am

Im using wingate to limit internet access for my childrend iPads and iPhones (pushed the proxy settings with mdm profile).

My Problem is, that im currently using AccessRules to allow single sites. To simply keep all neccesary apple services running i added about 150 single hostnames to the allowed sites, because apple is using a lot of different subdomains. Unfortunately, apple.com or itunes.com does not cover all of its subdomains and * is not allowed.

Is there a better way to configure that?
Attachments
accessrules.png
accessrules.png (134.25 KiB) Viewed 3289 times

Re: Whitelisting with wildcard?

Dec 27 17 9:56 am

Hi,

You can't use wildcards when you add the site directly to the rule, but you can use wildcards in a datalist and then check that list in your access rule. To do this go to Control Panel::Data::Global Data, add a new list, set it to pattern match and add your sites, e.g. *wingate.com. In your access rule, go to the What tab, click the Icon to add a site and select Match against sites in data list from the drop-down, select your list and click ok.

Regards,

Matt

Dec 27 17 12:37 pm

Got it, now i could reduce the config to a fraction with wildcards in lists. :) thanks

Dec 28 17 9:36 am

thanks, this worked for me
Post a reply