WinGate 9.0 call policy

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

WinGate 9.0 call policy

Postby bo7ak » Jan 16 18 2:44 am

Hi, I just want to apologize for my English, since this is not my native language.
And now my question is: We bought WinGate 9.0.
I created a policy, but I do not think that it is very important now:

In this policy I want to call another policy, but this does not work, the list is empty

I'm sure that we can solve my problem differently, so I'll explain what I want to get: I want my users to go online without making any settings in the browser, but I want to be able to block certain sites. In other words, the Internet is allowed to go only to those who are on the list of allowed ip
bo7ak

Re: WinGate 9.0 call policy

Postby adrien » Jan 16 18 3:57 pm

Hi

the policies that show in the call policy item are those that are

a) compatible (meaning they have the same event context data, and capabilities)
b) have an entry point item in them

The entry point item is a small item you drop in and connect to your policy. This allows you to call into various places in the called policy.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby bo7ak » Jan 16 18 10:25 pm

Hi Adrien.
Thanks your help. Answer and address this question:
I'm sure that we can solve my problem differently, so I'll explain what I want to get: I want my users to go online without making any settings in the browser, but I want to be able to block certain sites. In other words, the Internet is allowed to go only to those who are on the list of allowed ip

Postby adrien » Jan 17 18 10:01 am

Hi

just to clarify you want to run a whitelist of sites that people are allowed to go to? Or a list of client IPs you want to have internet access, or both?

The easiest way to control sites people go to is to intercept the connection (port 80 and probably also 443) to the WWW proxy and then use web access control rules. Check the Intercepting tab on the WWW proxy.

Bear in mind if you block port 443 without using https inspection, the browsers will not display a block page (instead just a generic connectivity error page).

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate