Wingate 9.1.5 unable to install network driver on windows 10

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate 9.1.5 unable to install network driver on windows 10

Postby KhurramFHassan » Jun 21 18 11:16 am

I am trying to install Wingate 9.1.5 on a windows 10 x64 system but am unable to install the network driver. I get an access denied error when the installer tries to install it. I have also manually tried to install the network driver by running drvinstx64.exe and also by choosing the install option from the context menu of the inf file, but the error remains the same. This is a fully patched system of Windows 10 with the Creator Update etc. How can I install Wingate on this system?

Thanks
KhurramFHassan

Re: Wingate 9.1.5 unable to install network driver on window

Postby adrien » Jun 21 18 1:17 pm

Hi

Could you try logging in with the actual Administrator account when you're trying to install?

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby KhurramFHassan » Jun 21 18 6:33 pm

adrien wrote:Could you try logging in with the actual Administrator account when you're trying to install?

I am already logged in with the administrator account (in fact, this is the only account on the system). The installer asked for administrator access as UAC is enabled. When I ran the drvinstx64 file, I chose to run it as an administrator from the right click menu. One more thing. There are no error entries in the windows logs for this error which I find very strange.

Thanks.
KhurramFHassan

Postby KhurramFHassan » Jun 23 18 12:40 am

I have figured out the problem. It seemed to be a problem with Zone Alarm Pro that was installed on the system. To summarize the steps:
1) In ZA Pro preferences, untick "Load Zone Alarm at startup". Restart the system.
2) Install Wingate normally and reboot the system when asked.
3) After configuring Wingate (I imported my old configuration), manually start Zone Alarm Pro.
4) In ZA Pro preferences, tick "Load Zone Alarm at startup". Restart the system.

Now you will have both ZA Pro and Wingate running.
KhurramFHassan

Postby adrien » Jun 23 18 12:37 pm

Hi

thanks very much for posting that information.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate