Wingate server Blue Screen Windows 2016

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate server Blue Screen Windows 2016

Postby Grant » Nov 29 18 9:44 pm

I am running Wingate 9.2.0.5975 on Windows server 2016.
Suddenly today the Wingate server is constantly getting a blue screen and rebooting.

If I uncheck the Wingate driver against the network cards, the server remains stable, but I an mot able to get internet access through the Wingate server.
If I check the WIngate driver against the network cards, internet access works, but the server will fail after about 3 minutes.

There have been no updates applied to the server for the last 10 days, so not sure what has changed to cause this.
The error in the dump file is: FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc2_7_Mdl__netvsc!ReleaseNetBufferLists

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is affecting all access for all of my users.
Grant

Re: Wingate server Blue Screen Windows 2016

Postby adrien » Dec 01 18 9:42 am

Hi Grant

if nothing changed on the server then something must have changed in the environment which is triggering this.

What network adapters are you using in the server? We've had some recent issues with some customers using realtek cards, that they fixed by moving to intel network cards.

Regards

Adrien de Croy
adrien
Qbik Staff

Re: Wingate server Blue Screen Windows 2016

Postby Grant » Dec 03 18 11:44 pm

Hi Adrien,

The Wingate server is running on Microsoft Hyper-V on Server 2012 R2.
The physical server has Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit, and Intel Ethernet 10G 2P X520 network cards, and the Wingate is then using the Hyper-V Virtual adapter.
The WIngate server has a virtual adapter using the Intel card, and another using the Broadcom card for connection to different network subnets.

I hope this information helps.
Grant

Return to WinGate