Is possible create an proxy using 3G connection ?

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Is possible create an proxy using 3G connection ?

Postby Aug » Mar 28 20 10:10 pm

Thanks for read.
I had used Wingate in 2011 for internet sharing in LAN using an slow dial up and had created an HTTP cache working fine.
Today i wait to use Wingate to create an HTTP proxy for use in local computer using 3G connection to use HTTP cache.
Is possible create an HTTP cache using 3G connection in local system ?
I have tried several options and nothing work even creating web proxy.
The internet 3G connection is created using MODEM software and not created using Windows.
Wingate not is being blocked in firewall.
When starting Wingate management not is possbile start using "log on as current Windows login". My username in Windows not is using password.
Only is possible start Wingate management using administrator without password.
I have created WWW Proxy server and also WWW proxy service using port 80. Tested both each one alone.

Testing using free and enteprise trial.
Thanks for reply.
Aug

Re: Is possible create an proxy using 3G connection ?

Postby MattP » Apr 23 20 9:15 pm

Hi,

If you want to use the Windows username to log in you'll need to use the Windows user database. In the WinGate console go to Control Panel::Users and groups, choose select provider and choose the Windows user database. Alternatively you can use the Active Directory user database if the local user is also on the domain. If you want to retain the WinGate user database you can set a password for the administrator user in the Users and groups panel.

WinGate should see any adapters that Windows is aware of. Does the 3G connection show up in Windows?

Thanks,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate