Network driver crashes LAN network

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Network driver crashes LAN network

Postby Mumia76 » Apr 12 20 10:57 am

Hi,

I've been using wingate for 15 years, and since I've upgraded to Windows 10 I have been struggling with a serious issue that I just now realized is caused by the wingate ENS network driver.

If it is enabled the network throughput goes down from 1 Gigabit, to about 300mbit, and when there is high network load, say copying large data over the network, or streaming high bandwith video on LAN, the entire networking often crashes, and the only way to get it back is by hard resetting the wingate pc.

Of course without the ENS driver not even internet sharing works, so I need it. I've been struggling this issue for about a year now, enduring the slow throughput and occasional crashes. What could cause this, please help me! I really don't want to switch to another router, but if this issue prevails I'll have no other choice.
Mumia76

Re: Network driver crashes LAN network

Postby Mumia76 » Apr 19 20 11:19 pm

Thanks for forcing me to take action. Wingate is no longer my Router, and I'm happily able to copy files over the network at 110MB/s without crashing. Good riddance. It was a good software when I started using it in the mid 2000s Version 6.0, then it all went downhill from there.
Mumia76

Return to WinGate