Wingate + Wpad + Proxy Exeptions

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate + Wpad + Proxy Exeptions

Postby Marsupilami » Jan 28 21 3:55 am

Hi,

We are tuning our Wingate so users can log on our domain with the proxy settings of Windows to be Detected Automaticaly so it works for laptops that go around.

We need to configure local Range, Local domains etc in the Exception settings to be set automaticaly.

With all the remote work going on, we cant force proxy on those laptops.

I have a working Wpad setup. Is there a way to configure inside that wpad the exeptions or where can i set that up correctly?

Im still learning a lot about those things so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Marsupilami

Re: Wingate + Wpad + Proxy Exeptions

Postby adrien » Jan 28 21 2:52 pm

Hi

normally http://findproxyforurl.com/ shows how you can do all this sort of things. The function called is actually a jscript function, and you can write a bunch of things in there, including your required exclusions, and different settings per client IP.

Currently that site appears to be down (500 error), but may be back up by the time you read this.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Marsupilami » Feb 02 21 5:57 am

Hi,

Website is still down, but i think i found something that may help but i need to modify the wpad.dat but i cant seem to find it in the folders of Wingate.

i can download it if i enter the wpad.dat link in a browser but dont know where to put it back.

All i need to do is add exceptions and the setup should work.

thanks

Wingate V. 9.4.1.5998
Marsupilami

Postby adrien » Feb 03 21 7:16 pm

Check out

c:\ProgramData\Qbik\WinGate\Resources\WPAD.template

It may already have generated a WPAD.dat file in there as well.

regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Marsupilami » Feb 04 21 2:57 am

Hi,

I cant find the resources folder in the path. I added 2 attachments to give a view of what i have. Tried searching the whole drive for wpad.template and nothing came out. Made sure, just in case, to show hidden files and folders. Not sure if it makes a difference on files but it sits on a Windows 2016 Server.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
wingate-resources-mainfolder.jpg
wingate-resources-mainfolder.jpg (98.64 KiB) Viewed 3203 times
Resources-Folder-Missing.jpg
Missing Folder
Resources-Folder-Missing.jpg (38.5 KiB) Viewed 3203 times
Marsupilami

Postby MattP » Mar 01 21 8:13 pm

Hi,

Can you check the path to the resources folder please? It's in ProgramData not Program Files.

You may need to make a request for the wpad file for WinGate to create the template file, you can do this by entering http://(IP of your WinGate server)/wpad.dat into a browser.

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate