Require simultaneous basic auth and non auth proxy policies

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Require simultaneous basic auth and non auth proxy policies

Postby theproxiest » Feb 06 21 3:39 am

Hello Wingate Forum,
Wingate Free Ver. 9.0

I have what I believe is a unique situation in that I require simultaneous basic auth and non auth proxy policies....or the ability to toggle between them. Would this require something as easy as enabling and disabling groups? Is that possible? The intention is to utilize the proxy while testing device access to the internet. I currently have non-authentication set up and it works well. When I stop the engine it disables the internet access and will enable it when I restart the engine. I am struggling with the authentication side as it seems to disable the activity window. So I have had to delete that policy.
[*]
theproxiest

Re: Require simultaneous basic auth and non auth proxy polic

Postby adrien » Feb 28 21 12:46 pm

Hi

normally you may have some sites or some clients that do not auth, and this is typically handled with rules in the web access rules. Just grant the access you want to the users.

Web access rules will result in an authentication if they match on everything except user account and the connected user is unknown. So if you want to avoid this then match on IP address for example.

Alternatively you can use credential rules to assume some IP address is a particular user.
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate