Email configuration for notifications

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Email configuration for notifications

Postby matthius » Aug 11 22 1:44 pm

I have an domain for email hosted within Office 365 (domain: acme.org). I have configured my internal domain as corp.acme.org.

When I installed Wingate it asked for the email address to which admin events/notifications would be sent. I entered in my email (e.g. bob@acme.org).
If I look at the Wingate logs I can see messages attempting to send to this address, but I am seeing a status code of 550 indicating the address not found.

Do I need to do anything within Wingate so that these emails are sent onto my actual mailbox within Office 365?
matthius

Re: Email configuration for notifications

Postby adrien » Aug 12 22 3:46 pm

Hi

Is it complaining about the destination address or the source address (SMTP return path)?

there are 2 email addresses you specify for notification emails, the sender address (where bounces would go) and the destination address.

Also some domains have specific restrictions about what IP addresses are allowed to deliver mail from that domain.

You may be better off submitting a support ticket and we can go through the logs you are getting.

Regards

Adrien de Croy
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate