WinGate on Windows 2003 Server

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

WinGate on Windows 2003 Server

Postby ccsoft » Sep 24 03 6:11 am

Hi,

I have a customer trying to install WinGate on a 2003 Server. Initially the only way we could get into the Gatekeeper was to NOT choose the NT User Database integration. Once we chose WinGate Users we were able to login to Gatekeeper as per usual but now we are seeing two other issues.
First of all the client machines can no longer logon to the network and secondly we are seeing DNS traffic from within the LAN being blocked by the Firewall .. although when we look in Port Security the UDP is set to ALLOW.

We have disable the DNS server in WinGate as they are using the DNS server in 2003 Server.

Are there any configurations particular to a 2003 Server install?

Thanks
Joan
ccsoft

Postby neil » Sep 24 03 10:27 am

5.0.8 fixes a bug with using the NT database on win 2003, so until that version you'll have to use the WinGate only db. As for your other two points, have not seen them here. Are the clients using the WGIC by any chance?! Suspect that the two issues are related, ie your unable to logon because the firewall is blocking you. Are the clients using DHCP from Wingate as well?

Regards
Neil
neil
Qbik Staff

Postby ccsoft » Sep 25 03 2:37 am

No they are not using the WGIC. The IPs on the LAN are statically assigned.
ccsoft

Postby neil » Sep 25 03 5:00 pm

What does the firewall report?! The 2003's machine internal IP connecting out to where?! How is the DNS set up in Advanced Directory? I take it you have a 'forwarder' set?! What happens if you put an internet DNS server's IP in to the TCP/ IP properties on the client?! I assume you're connecting the clients out via NAT then?! How does the wingate machine connect out?! How does wingate see the network set up? (ie under options - Advanced - Network Interfaces, in Gatekeeper?!)

Regards,

Neil
neil
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate