Wingate with ADSL modem Router

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate with ADSL modem Router

Postby aridlaw » Sep 24 03 2:11 pm

I have a LAN with wingate as server to sharing Internet.
Everything work fine until the day I get ADSL cable.
I was purchased one ADSL modem router with 4 port 10/100Mb. with DHCP, NAT....features.
I can get it work in my LAN with but problem is:
I don't have full power as like Wingate suppot (Gate Filter, Firewall, Restrict, etc..) with ADSL router .
Is there possible to config ?
aridlaw

Postby neil » Sep 24 03 4:13 pm

It should work fine. Just make sure that the IP that the Routers DHCP issues to the Wingate machine is marked as public / untrusted in the Options - Advanced - Network Interfaces tab of Gatekeeper; and then set up Wingate as per usual.

Regards,

Neil
neil
Qbik Staff

Postby aridlaw » Sep 27 03 2:01 am

Thank Neil,
but unfortunatelly, route setup successful, but IP is 0.0.0.0 and I have no way to access http://10.0.0.2 login to route for disable DHCP in there,
If I release my NIC ip (Realtek 8139), then route work and I loss wingate :P .
anyway, I have to gave back that router and buy a new modem ADSL USB,

Again, problem came to visit me .
after setup modem ADSL, it creat one connection call Conexant AccessRunner . It also appear in Gatekeep Dial list, but I can't get connect from there, until using software came with that modem. It's was connenct successful but I can't access any website and in gatekeep, connection AccessRunner still offline.

I decide reinstall everything tonight, if I still get sh*t of it, may be I need you advise again, neil

anyway, thank so much
aridlaw

Return to WinGate