WIngate v5.2.2 - ENS - NAT - Memory HOG!

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

WIngate v5.2.2 - ENS - NAT - Memory HOG!

Postby dataking » Dec 19 03 12:04 am

Greetings,

i stopped using the NAT feature in Wingate a while back because the ENS plugin, when active, was eating up ALL AVAILABLE Virtual memory in windows, and ocne that was filled up, it started eating up the RAM. now as long as i keep the ENS plugin disabled, wingate works like a charm. now with v5.2.2, i decided to reenable the ENS plugin so i can use NAT on selected ports. it worked fine for a few hours, then went back to its old ways!....eating up all available memory when NAT is enabled!..the moment i disabled NAT it all returned back to normal!!!....and i didnt even have that many people online!..barely 5 users!!! eve upon restarting, when none of the users were even connected to the machine yet, wingate engine was just starting and dialing out the connection, it ahd already chewed trhrough in excess of 300megs of memory in barely half a minute of the system being started!

is there somehting i should know about the ENS plugin, so i can use wingate to its full potential!....

any help would be greatly appriciated!

regards,

Shayan
dataking

Return to WinGate