Gatekeeper 5.0.0 logon problem

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Gatekeeper 5.0.0 logon problem

Postby tsingh » Sep 28 03 9:40 am

Hi,
I've been experiencing some problems with logging on to gatekeeper 5.0.
After a while i get the error message below:

There was a problem connecting to the server. Connection refused by server. Check your server name and port number.

When i first installed wingate I did not have any problem like this until the next morning when i tried to log on to gatekeeper. I checked the knowledge base and found an article suggesting that the databases might be corrupted so i followed their instructions to delete them and restart the engine but that did not work.

This is the second time I am having this problem. The first time I reinstalled the wingate software. But i do not want to go down this route again.

Does anyone have any suggestions for my situation?

Thanks

Tyrel.
[/img]
tsingh

Postby neil » Sep 29 03 10:27 am

Firstly, if when this situation occurs, could you right click on the Wingate Engine Monitor in the sys tray, and choose Stop Wingate Engine. Does the little monitor go red or does it stay yellow?! If it stays yellow, this can mean there is an engine lock. In this situtaion could you please upgrade to 5.0.7. When this is done, make sure the engine is stopped (ie the little monitor in the sys tray is red) and in the registry add the following to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Qbik Software\WinGate\Settings

the first is a DWORD named UseDeadLockDetection with a value of 1. And the second is also a DWORD named CheckLockPrecedence, again with a value of 1.

If you now restart the Wingate Engine, and continue using Wingate as before. When you next experience this login problem, go to your Wingate directory and you should see two files called, LockAnalyserDumpFileEng.txt and LockAnalyserDumpFileGK.txt. The last few entries in these files (particularly LockAnalyserDumpFileEng.txt) will hopefully point us to where your problems lie, so if you could copy those lines in to here that would be useful.

On the other hand 5.0.7 may fix your problems:-)

Regards
Neil
neil
Qbik Staff

Postby tsingh » Oct 01 03 4:28 am

Well actually when I right-click on the Wingate Engine Monitor it goes to yellow and then red. I Will give it a try and get back to you.

Thanks for the help.
tsingh

Return to WinGate