Wingate 5.2.2 & NT 4+SP6a crasing after autoupdate

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate 5.2.2 & NT 4+SP6a crasing after autoupdate

Postby furnival » Dec 29 03 8:05 am

A couple of weeks ago, my installation indicated that a new version of the software was available for installation. I run the autoinstaller and moved to version 5.2.2. I had been running the latest prior version which I had purchased and downloaded. Now, my NT 4 Server is crashing periodically while client PCs are browsing the Internet. This machine is a older Cyrix chippped machine that has been stone-cold reliable for some years. I have made no other changes except for the Wingate upgrade.

I do notice a number of entries in the Firewall log being created at a rate of about one every five seconds. I've no clue as to what they are from, but they are mainly identified as ICMP related. They seem to originate from my dialup ISP (Earthlink's ) IP addressed. Could they be "pings" to see if I'm still online? Could they be causing the trouble? I'm sure they are not new events, related to the recent spate of crashing. I just wanted to give you as much info as possible.

I am using a Linksys wireless router, DCHP in the router disabled, DCHP in Wingate disabled, DCHP on the NT Server enabled.

TIA
furnival

Return to WinGate