Remote PCs can not access Wingate Proxy

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Remote PCs can not access Wingate Proxy

Postby DBeard » Oct 02 03 9:34 am

I just bought wingate. Yesterday it was working. I put in the key and boom, it stopped.

Here's the scenario.

Here locally on our LAN, everyone can access wingate as guest and browse the internet. Since I put in the key, those that are connected to our network via WAN (remote from this location) can no longer go through the proxy. I see that their IP pops up in the history log, but the page that they are trying to browse to is represented only as 'http://' with no address. So I can see clearly they are getting to the proxy, but it is not resolving URLs for them. On their browser it simply shows a 404, page not found type error.

Deerfield is not willing to support me, even though I bought this from them yesterday. Any help or direction you can give is appreciated.
DBeard

Postby adrien » Oct 02 03 10:25 am

couple of things to check.

a) what are the license details that show up in your license settings dialog?
b) are the clients getting to send a request to the WWW proxy at all? You can tell if there are any bytes in/out on the session in GateKeeper history window

how are these remote users getting into your network? Is the WAN gateway on a different machine to WinGate?

Which version of WinGate are you running?
Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby labull » Oct 02 03 2:03 pm

I am able to remotely connect to my network via RRAS (PPTP) and utilize the Wingate WWW Proxy located on a different server.

I know that's not exactly the same but it seems pretty close.

Larry
labull
WinGate Guru

Postby DBeard » Oct 03 03 2:11 am

adrien wrote:couple of things to check.

a) what are the license details that show up in your license settings dialog?
b) are the clients getting to send a request to the WWW proxy at all? You can tell if there are any bytes in/out on the session in GateKeeper history window

how are these remote users getting into your network? Is the WAN gateway on a different machine to WinGate?

Which version of WinGate are you running?
Adrien

The WAN gateway is indeed on a different computer than Wingate.
I'm not familiar with the topology of the routing between here and there, but I can tell you wingate worked previously under these settings. There must just be something I am missing.

Wingate is 5.07 Unlimited Users | 23-0449754

a)

License Info and updates screen:
Wingate |Ver. 5 | Full | Does not expire

b.)

There are no bits in or out when the user that can not connect over the WAN through Wingate to the internet shows up in the history.
DBeard

Problem solved

Postby DBeard » Oct 03 03 3:02 am

The problem was my own fault.
I staticed the IP for the websites on the same box.
But, I had the routing table wrong.

Thanks for your help.
DBeard

Return to WinGate