Wingate, Windows NT, Novell Client

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate, Windows NT, Novell Client

Postby waynep » Oct 03 03 7:52 am

Posted the following to Deerfield.com's web board last month without it being resolved:

------------------------

Upgraded Wingate to v. 5.0.7 from 3.0.5 on a Windows NT4 sp6 system with Novell Client installed. After install and reboot, it could not see the Novell Netware server tree at login. After selecting to login as a "Workstation" rather than as "Server", system locked up with "bluescreen" error after login screen. Only work around was to use Windows NT server (VGA) mode with the Wingate Engine and Mdaemon services on manual startup rather than automatic startup.

Is Wingate v. 5.0.7 capatiable with Windows NT server? Novell Client?

------------------------

After a few days, a response below was posted in the forum:

-----------------------------

You should have no problems at all. Are you installing with ENS? Try uninstalling and then reinstall without ENS and see if this helps your issue.

Respectfully,
Kevin Fortune

-------------------------------

My response was that I tried as suggested without resolving problem. Never received a reply after that.

NT server works OK in the VGA mode but would prefer it work in the normal mode.

Please advise.
Thanks,

Wayne
waynep

Postby adrien » Oct 03 03 5:16 pm

The VGA mode I thought was safe mode, in which case a bunch of networking components would not be loaded?

It is possible that 5.0.8 will solve your problems, as it no longer hooks miniport drivers (NIC drivers), and does not hook any protocol other than TCP/IP.

I am assuming you are using IPX/SPX for your Novell Client?
Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate