ENS beta driver needed...not available on deerfield site...

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

ENS beta driver needed...not available on deerfield site...

Postby colepc » Oct 03 03 9:15 am

Need a followup since new website (qbik) took over WinGate stuff... original forum post on Deerfield's site resulted in the following reply from them, however the link within the response is now dead. Any ideas?

DeerField's reply...

Topic: RE: Win2K restarted...wingate breaks until IP config.. [259720:89916] (2 of 2), Read 8 times
Conf: WinGate
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 09:43 AM

Hi Terry,

It appears that your local NIC and something in WinGate are conflicting. These types of conflicts are often attributable to the optional Extended Network Support (ENS) device. ENS does contain a firewall for your WinGate server computer, and I gather from your description that this firewall is quite necessary in your scenario. So, my best recommendations are to try the Beta ENS driver which is designed to resolve these types of hardware conflicts. Of course, it should be noted that this is Beta software, therefore, not fully tested, but I can assure you that many customers have used it with success. You can download this device at: http://www.deerfield.com/products/wingate/ensbeta/. Alternatively, you could try installing different NICs on your system. Since it appears that this problem exists between something in WinGate and this local card, a different card may very well resolve the problem.

Let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,
Don Hoyt
colepc

Postby adrien » Oct 03 03 5:03 pm

the new www.wingate.com site has a download link for 5.0.8 which has those drivers in it now.

If that fails due to DNS caching etc (i.e. if it goes to the Deerfield site) then try www.netpatrol.com

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate