Setup Scenario

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Setup Scenario

Postby jaqkar » May 14 05 8:38 pm

Hi

I have downloaded the trial version of WingateVPN to test. I want to setup a tunnel to a friends pc in another country and route all traffic from my side through the net to him and then out. If possible I want to try and make all the communication go through port 80 to him. Can someone please assist me with the setup to make this work.

We have installed the software on both sides and he has opened and forwarded ports on his router. I am able to access him through the default ports and from his side I can also see his pc appearing and some published routes. I can also ping his IP and for testing purposes we have disabled the wingate firewall. Here are the two configs:

My Side:
ADSL - NAT/Router
Internal IP 192.168.1.20

His Side:
DSL - NAT/Router
Internal IP 10.0.0.2
(Published Routes: 10.0.0.2 / 10.0.0.0)

However all my traffic is still going out from my pc directly to the net and not through the tunnel created by the software. From what I have read this might have to do with routes, when I look at my routes his published routes do not appear on them. He has the RIP enabled and I have the RIP listening enabled too.

Are we missing some other things to configure?
jaqkar

Postby genie » May 24 05 6:54 pm

I don't think the default route is publishable - you best bet would probably be setting up your browser proxy through the other side' machine - then all HTTP traffic would be routed through the server.
genie
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN