HA HA I've Connected But still Problems

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

HA HA I've Connected But still Problems

Postby kmckean01 » Jun 11 05 5:35 am

I have now been able to connect through my pc air card, I can see my server and i have access when i retest everythin'g fine but i can't view my shared folders. By the way how many computers can i connect at the same tim to the server through vpn.
kmckean01

Postby genie » Jun 11 05 10:38 pm

There is no limitation on the number of computers - you are limited basically by the performance of your network subsystem and your patience :)

As of you original question - since you can test and ping the clients behind VPN you unability to access shared folders is probably system-related - make sure that the client's security configuration allows you to share the folders from other networks.
genie
Qbik Staff

Postby kmckean01 » Jun 12 05 5:54 am

Well i turned all firewalls off. and the folders i am trying to access are shared. if i connect to my lan through my wireless access point i have no trouble getting to my files. but only by going through my network work places. if i use any other means, wingate vpn, vnc, pcanywhere they dont show up. but i am using wp home on all systems. could that be it should i upgrade to pro?another thing i have no problem pinging the host while its connected and if i test the mtu size there's no problem either in fact i tested it at 2000 bytes and had 0 losses. but when i do that cnn test on the remote it doesn't work same for the host.
kmckean01

Return to WinGate VPN