Timeout

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Timeout

Postby apstech » Oct 03 03 11:16 pm

Hi All hope you can help,

I have a setup the wingate vpn server onto my server which runs windows 2000 server with service pack 4, I used DHCP on my lan to supply ip addresses to all of my users.

Ip address for my server is 192.168.1.10

all my users connect to the internet using a router ip address 192.168.1.5

My user that is working from home has installed the wingate vpn client, he has a static ip address on his computer at home and connects through a router supplied by his ISP. His ip address is 192.168.0.2

He can connect to our lan he has even made new folders on our server but after a while he loses his connection to our server, and wingate hangs on his computer. i have turned of the time out setting on my server under dhcp->sessions. But my external user hasn't got the dhcp option. Is there another timeout option for him.

Or have i set up wingate server or client up wrong.

Please help me

Many Thanks

APS Techie
apstech

Postby adrien » Oct 04 03 12:11 am

Hi

A number of problems have been fixed with the VPN for the latest release, which is now available on our website - see www.wingate.com for more details.

If that is redirected to deerfield.com, then try www.netpatrol.com

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby apstech » Oct 04 03 4:05 am

I cant find an option to download the software. abaut i shouldn't need to upgrade my software to make the software work.

Any ideas what could be causing my problem.
apstech

Postby adrien » Oct 04 03 4:18 am

try this link

for WinGate

http://www.geekswithattitude.com/downlo ... 40-USE.EXE

For VPN:

http://www.geekswithattitude.com/downlo ... 40-USE.EXE

We did have some problems with VPN in the last version, so I really recommend you try this one and see if that still causes problems... the fact that users have been able to log in and create shares etc indicates that there is probably nothing wrong with your configuration.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby apstech » Oct 07 03 3:31 am

Hi Tech Support

Ok i installed the latest ver of wingate vpn software, now my user connects to the vpn no longer disconnects after 2 mins, but he now can't access any our server (which is the vpn server)

Also i now have ip address conflicts under the published routes tab in wingate.

All my server and lan settings are in my first post above.

Many Thanks

APSTech
apstech

Return to WinGate VPN