WinGate VPN Host & Client

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

WinGate VPN Host & Client

Postby chad483 » Feb 06 04 7:48 am

Hi All again,

I downloaded VPN that has the ability to be a host or a client. Can I setup the client to connect to the host all on the same computer?

When I try, I get this system message:
Object: camsurv
Time: 05-Feb-2004 10:41:23
Message ID: 0000
Description: The node name has already been registered with the VPN.

I don't know if this is good or bad. Am i connected? how do i access the files then?

Chad
chad483

Strange vpn behaviour

Postby jono659 » Feb 07 04 5:02 am

Hi, set up vpn standalone on 2 machines, both xp pro both on seperate adsl routers, once i figured how to set up a user (blush) everything worked fine, so on line and paid to register. Entered key in the host machine and the client failed, entered the key in the client and all Ok again. This morning neither was accesible from the other, discovered that i had left the old trial licence on the client, after removal and restart, the client can see the server and explore but the client is no longer accessible from the host. Then after about 10 minutes neither is accessible from the other.

Pretty miffed, the damnn thing worked fine til i registered it.

Any clues

as a ps if i try to start a new topic in here the machine just goes back to the front page !!

JonO
jono659

Postby adrien » Feb 09 04 1:09 am

If you set up a server and host on the same WinGate installation and connect to yourself it won't do anything useful. You should already have access to the shared resources of the WinGate machine.

what are you trying to get working?

Normally the VPN is used to connect different networks or machines together when the networks that the machines are on are not directly connected (i.e. over the Internet).

Regards

Adrien de Croy
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN