Considering bying this product? read this thread

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Considering bying this product? read this thread

Postby jono659 » Feb 07 04 8:53 pm

Hi, set up vpn standalone on 2 machines, both xp pro both on seperate adsl routers, once i figured how to set up a user (blush) everything worked fine, so on line and paid to register. Entered key in the host machine and the client failed, entered the key in the client and all Ok again. This morning neither was accesible from the other, discovered that i had left the old trial licence on the client, after removal and restart, the client can see the server and explore but the client is no longer accessible from the host. Then after about 10 minutes neither is accessible from the other.

Pretty miffed, the damnn thing worked fine til i registered it.

Any clues
Last edited by jono659 on Feb 07 04 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jono659

Pricing is the problem

Postby jono659 » Feb 07 04 9:51 pm

Have sussed it out, I was under the impression that if I bought a 6 user licence i could vpn from 6 different lans (119$) turns out I need a licence for each of my lans should have read the pricing more carefully :( that is why it worked before i bought the licence. Ahh well, back to the ordering area
jono659

I am totally sick of this nonsense

Postby jono659 » Feb 07 04 11:09 pm

Ok, now have purchased ANOTHER licence, set it up and guess what, IT STILL DOESNT BLOODY WORK. The support here is non existant, and if you happen to try a version check WITH A BRAND NEW LICENCE this is what you get

Our records indicate that you are using a key which was not issued by us or which has been invalidated. We would like to know if there are any particular reasons you are using our software without a valid license - perhaps there is something we could do to make the situation better. For example we know that in some countries (we note you are in Spain)

Etc etc,

This is NOT acceptable practice, i have now spent 119 dollards plus another 49 dollars and aparently they didnt issue the licence, if this matter is not resolved by 9am Mon GMT I will be pulling this software off my machines and claiming a full refund plus costs.
jono659

Postby adrien » Feb 09 04 1:03 am

Hi

As per my email, the license error message you got was in fact itself an error. We have resolved the issue with the version checking page, so you should see the version information you expect now.

As background information, the reason you got this message was because the wrong key was being transmitted to the version checking form in the cases where only VPN was installed (not WinGate functionality as well). This practise was actually discontinued from 5.0.4/1.0.4 onwards, so I suggest also that you upgrade.

We do indeed see your license purchases for which we are of course grateful.

with regard to support, being a paid customer, you in fact qualify for support through our support desk software - this forum although frequented by our developers and support staff as well as many other knowledgable people, is a free peer-support service, and the response times are a bit longer, although normally pretty good.

Regards

Adrien de Croy
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby adrien » Feb 09 04 1:04 am

PS, what symptoms are you seeing with your connection problem?
adrien
Qbik Staff

Happy endings thanks for the prompt feedback

Postby jono659 » Feb 09 04 10:55 pm

Adrien, thanks for you prompt feedbak to my concerns, the page now recognises my licence as valid and all is well. I did the upgrade as suggested and now everything is perfect. I will be purchasing the other 4 licences this week and look forward to having trouble free usage across my networks

JonO
jono659

Return to WinGate VPN