Have setup VPN but how do I connect with XP Client

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Have setup VPN but how do I connect with XP Client

Postby PowersL » Feb 13 04 10:43 pm

I've downloaded the demo version off QBIK's website. This has been installed and setup correctly (from what I can see). However, the help files talks of installing a Wingate VPN client on the connecting PC. I can't seem to find this. How do I get an XP client to connect to the server?

I've tried the XP connection wizzard to create a VPN connection but Wingate mentions about giving people the certificate for them to import? This you can't do in XP Wizard.

Any help would be grateful since I'm struggling at the very first stage.

Thanks

Leonard
PowersL

client

Postby jono659 » Feb 14 04 4:37 am

Load the same software on the client machine and import the file that you exported from the server
jono659

Postby erwin » Feb 17 04 2:36 pm

Hi Leonard

WinGate VPN is required on both ends of the connection to implement the VPN. Unfortunately it will not work when one end is using XP's built in VPN

Once you have the WinGate VPN installed on both ends and configured one end to host, as Jono has pointed out you will need to export the VPN config file from the Host VPN and Import the file into the WinGate VPN machine at the other end that is going to join.

These instructions are included in the WinGate VPN helpfile and I would suggest you take a read of our VPN whitepaper on our website for a clearer understanding of WinGate VPN.

http://www.wingate.com/resources.php

Hope this helps

Regards
Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN