Unable to connect using SSL - error code 5

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Unable to connect using SSL - error code 5

Postby entjr » Feb 14 04 4:26 am

I have installed wingate on our mailserver, running wg and mdaemon, ive made a host on the server, and exported the file to the pc on the other site, the fingerprints username (activated in wingate). Can the problem have something to do with the user. i made a new one with admin rights, so it should work. but i still get above message, There is no problem with the firewall on the remote site, i tested it with a dial up connection. Al other connections mail and IMAP over mdaemon works perfect, but vpn does not connect. On the VPN server i get the message: a request to "name" was receiver, but it is not hosted on this server.

any suggestions?

Ton
Ton Enthoven
entjr

Postby adrien » Feb 14 04 11:04 am

Hi

THat means your client tried to connect to a VPN name that was not on the server.

Since you exported the settings, that seems a bit odd... are there any unusual characters in the VPN name? Like an ampersand, or accented characters?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby entjr » Feb 14 04 10:09 pm

Thanks, i made a hole new host on the server it connects now, don't know what went wrong.

I have to check a few settings though.

I Cannot browse, there is a conflict in the routing (Networkcard in office is 10.0.0.150 this is the ethernetcard for connecting adsl) this is the same as my wireless accespoint at home, i changed the home setting but the conflict still exist). I will reset the server this evening.

I also have a question about the default gateway, this is my adsl modem at home (hub and router), if i change this to the wingateserver, i would not get to the internet at all so the vpn would not be connected. what could you suggest?

Thanks for your fast reply,
Ton Enthoven
entjr

Return to WinGate VPN