Wingate VPN problem

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate VPN problem

Postby guynp » Feb 14 04 11:53 pm

Does wingate detect the Ethernet interface automatically? i don't think it can. My ethernet usually get off but when it is on the xp bring up the new interface but wingate remain silent.!

and also I have wingate VPN when I disallows some port like 80 from internet user it still allows to access.

some problem more like getting disconnected from ftp, msn immediately. The workstaiton can browse. When I create news socks it works but through the NAT it drop the connection.

the wingate VPN version is : 1.2.2

thanks.
guynp

Postby adrien » Feb 16 04 4:39 pm

WinGate does dynamically detect interfaces, but only for routing updates and the VPN, not for proxies (WinGate rather than WinGate VPN although this affects DHCP and DNS services in WinGate). We are working on a dynamic binding implementation.

When you say that you block a port in the firewall, but access is still allowed, make sure that you have configured the interfaces correctly in GateKeeper Options->Advanced->Network Interfaces.

If you start the WinGate Service manually after your network interfaces become available, then WinGate will see them.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN