Licensing Question

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Licensing Question

Postby rbaal » Oct 06 03 3:41 pm

I am not quite sure which licensing options I should buy?

Two Sites

Site A, Head office
Site B, Branch Office with 6 users.

Site B needs to have a connection over the internet to site B computers ie they need a VPN. Site A only needs to terminate the VPN they do not use the WG instalation for anything else.

Site B needs to use the WG proxy function so they can surf.

I guess a WG Pro 3 user will do what site A needs because it provides a 1 VPN Server license.

But what will site B need? A WGVPNGWY license for 6 users? to be able to surf do they need a WG and a WGVPNGWY license?

Help!

Bob
rbaal

Postby adrien » Oct 10 03 1:57 am

I can understand your confusion - the old licensing scheme for VPN was very confusing.

That's why we overhauled it, and now there is only one sort of VPN license, and it is more like a WinGate license, in that it determines how many machines on a particular LAN are licensed to operate on the VPN.

To figure out what size VPN license to get on each site, you need to decide how many machines on each end will be communicating over the VPN to a machine on the other site. Then you license for that many users (or more if you wish :))

As for the WinGate Pro license, that no longer contains a WinGate VPN license, which is reflected in the new pricing being reduced.
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN