VPN Sharing

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

VPN Sharing

Postby kreno » Oct 07 03 9:42 pm

Hi

I am currently looking for software that can help me. I have a dynamic ip address assigned to my adsl connection each time i connect so my ip address changes all the time. i have 50 - 100 people that i would like to connect to my pc using there standard dial up internet connection. Once they are connected i would like them to access the internet through my pc only and not there direct internet connection. I also dont want them to adjust there settings each time to connect to me. Can this be done.
The reason for such a connection is that the client dialups are restricted to local traffic only, and has little or no international access. My PC has full international access, and i want to share this.

I have tried assigning a DNS using software from DynIP.com. This assigns a Name to my PC and with this i could get the client PC to connect to my Server. But i could not get it to access the internet through my server.
kreno

Postby adrien » Oct 25 03 7:40 am

WinGate / WinGate VPN doesn't support using the default route on the remote VPN server - in other words packets coming in a VPN tunnel are not address translated, only routed.

You could however grant your users access to your proxy servers, and they could surf through those.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN