Apache server behind VPN

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Apache server behind VPN

Postby CraggY » Mar 23 04 1:16 am

I have 2 site connected by vpn. On site A there are about 35 wingate clients all using a windows 2000 server domain. one of the 35 clients is setup as the gateway with wingate installed using a 2mbit dsl line. The address range of this network is 10.10.1.x with a subnet of 255.0.0.0. The windows 2000 server issues all the DHCP data including gateway and dns info. On the second site, site B, there is a windows 2000 professional computer with wingate installed with a 1mbit dsl line and 3 clients. 2 of these clients are running windows 2000 professional and 1 is running an Apache webserver with an internal company website. The address range of this network is 192.168.1.x with a subnet of 255.255.255.0. Wingate issues all the DHCP info for this site.

When I vpn from site B to A i can access all file and printer shares on either site flawlessly but I am unable to access the internal website from site A over the vpn. I can access it locally on site B without a problem but once I disconnect one of the laptops and connect it through vpn from site A I get a timeout after about 5 minutes in internet explorer. The address I use to access the site is http://192.168.1.11:8080/x

I can ping 192.168.1.11 from site A but cant access the website.

Any help would be appreciated.
CraggY

Return to WinGate VPN