"Error - return code FFE0B427"

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

"Error - return code FFE0B427"

Postby eleonard » Mar 23 04 9:24 am

I have configured the VPN as directed. Each machine is running Windows 2000 Advanced Server (SP4) and all up to date with the Hotfixes and Updates. I dont see any "Client" software available on your site, so I am assumeing that the same software is to be installed on each machine. I have already done the following:

1. made port 809, 113, 1024 open and passable by TCP and UDP on both machines.
2. Allowed "Everyone" for permisions to connect (within the VPN Gateway interface)
3. configured both VPN servers as a server as well as added the oposite servers to the "add new VPN" (VPN's to Join). As well as imported the export configurations for each VPN.
4. I can successfully connect, and see machines listed in the "Microsoft Network Network" drill list with the gatekeeper interface.

The problem that I am haveing is that all of the machines with the MS Network are maked as "Not Accessable".

Futhermore, the Tunnel from one machine is listed as active, and the tunnel for the other is listing this error "Error - return code FFE0B427"

the one that is generateing the error is behind a D-Link router (all ports are forwarded though, to the right IP address). I'm wondering if the router is not allowing the connection...or if there is something that I am missing. This machine is also a Active Directory Domain Controller....however I have not yet locked things down with GPO's or any NON "Out of the Box" security features.

any advice would be appreciated, for I am looking to procure this product...if I can get it to operate.

Thanx

Eric
eleonard

Return to WinGate VPN