Vista

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Vista

Postby mkobald » Nov 22 07 6:18 am

Any progress on fixing the ENS to work on Windows Vista? Any idea of a release date?
Mike
mkobald

Postby adrien » Nov 22 07 12:43 pm

we've got a driver that works on Vista 32, just tracking down some final issues with it.

There are some engine changes from the 6.x version of winGate to use it though, so depending on timing of Wingate 7, we may have to release an interim Vista-capable version of WinGate 6.x. We'll keep you posted.
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby mkobald » Nov 22 07 1:14 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'd much appreciate notice when the Vista version is ready.
Mike
mkobald

Postby silentone » Nov 30 07 5:47 am

Darn, I changed to Vista x64 for my new pc and now I found out that ENS is not only not vista compatible, but not 64bit compatible either...
And that was the main selling point for me... having control over who uses the internet how... Right now I'm still running the old pc to manage the connection, but I really would like to change this...
I know it's kinda to rude to ask in here, but can someone recommend something like ENS that WILL work on my Vista64?
silentone

Postby genie » Nov 30 07 10:24 am

We have Vista and 64bit versions of the driver in testing. They will, however, be available only with the new version of WIngate
genie
Qbik Staff

Any closer to Vista drivers?

Postby jfbach » Jan 16 08 1:50 am

Any update as to Vista drivers?

Thank you!
jfbach

Vista version of Wingate VPN

Postby szabojozsef » Feb 11 08 3:15 am

Dear Sir/Madam!

I read many things about there will be Vista compatible version soon, we have just tracking some issues and so on...
So, does anybody can write down an exact date, when Qbik release a Vista compatible Wingate VPN?

Thank you:

Jozsef
szabojozsef

Postby jasona » Feb 11 08 10:05 am

There is no concrete date as yet. As Genie mentioned the drivers are there however they will only work with the next version of WinGate which is still in development
jasona
Qbik Staff

Re: Vista

Postby Greg Merrill » May 22 08 12:23 pm

Can I get a copy of the beta drivers for vista? My boss is about to feed me to the cave troll...
Greg Merrill

Postby MAVickers » Jun 03 08 8:15 am

jasona wrote:There is no concrete date as yet. As Genie mentioned the drivers are there however they will only work with the next version of WinGate which is still in development

I have WinGate VPN running on a Win2k3 box and had my XP laptop logging in just fine using WinGate VPN client. I've upgraded the laptop to Vista and reloaded the VPN client but can't seem to add the connection. I searched around on this forum and found this thread.

Does the above quote mean that I will have to wait for the next major upgrade to WinGate VPN (v7 I presume?) in order to get my laptop to connect? Does it mean that I will also need to upgrade the software on the server? And does it also mean that I will have to pay for the upgrade?

Thanks.

Michael
MAVickers

Postby ngrayson » Oct 21 08 2:03 am

Appologies, for jumping on this thread but I think I missed something and my point is on thread anyway.

A different product I know but I paid for upgrade protection on wingate to allow me to get wingate 2007 and I understand that QBIK will still honour this even though this will now expire due to late delivery.

So now onto my VPN question. I have just added a VPN license to this to allow my son, now at Uni to connect home. Wingate is on an XP machine so no problem. I have also paid for a second license for my sons laptop. This runs Vista but reading this trail, it seems like the client wont work on Vista and I have wasted my money buying these two licenses.

1) Is this the case?
2) If 1 is true when is it likely to be available for vista
3) Why dont you make a complience statement in the FAQ to let people know about this?

Neil
ngrayson

Postby logan » Oct 21 08 3:08 pm

Hi Neil,

1) Is this the case?

Yes, WinGate 6.2.2 and prior does not have an ENS driver that supports Windows Vista. The ENS driver provides, NAT, Routing, Firewall and Bandwidth Control to the WinGate engine. WinGate VPN relies on the ENS driver to do VPN routing.

2) If 1 is true when is it likely to be available for vista

In the next couple of weeks or so, we will be releasing WinGate 6.5 which will include ENS support for the 64bit versions of Windows 2003 and XP, as well as 32bit Vista.
logan
Qbik Staff

Postby ngrayson » Dec 21 08 3:26 am

Hi Guys,

I just read the wingate forum and see that there will be a patch Monday for Kerpasky. Since I use that I will wait for it.

Meanwhile back to VPN. What I was also needing was the VPN client only with the VISTA ENS driver. Do you plan to release a build of VPN only? My son is back from Uni and I wanted to install this before he goes back again.

Best Regarads
Neil
ngrayson

Postby adrien » Dec 23 08 12:14 am

Hi Neil

We released a WinGate 6.5.1 and VPN 2.5.1 today.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby dupczak » Jan 02 09 3:02 pm

I am evaluating Wingate VPN. I am still working through the setup, but I am experiencing a BSOD when I try to shut down the Wingate VPN joiner computer. If i don't attempt to connect the VPN, the joiner shuts down cleanly, albeit much slower than before. If I connect to the VPN, I get a BSOD when the computer shuts down. Has anyone else experienced the BSOD? Would it be worthwhile to uninstall then reinstall the Wingate VPN software?

I am running Vista Business edition with all critical updates. The Wingate VPN is version 2.5.1
dupczak

Postby adrien » Jan 10 09 11:04 am

Hi

Could you please submit a support ticket at http://support.qbik.com and post us your minidump file associated with this crash?

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN