The node name has already been registered with VPN

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

The node name has already been registered with VPN

Postby Elias » Nov 20 04 10:29 am

Somebody help me!!

I am trying to establsih a VPN connection from my home to my office. See my data:
1. Home machine: running Windows XP Home Edition, with 1 network card active and another one deactivated. Connection to ISP via ADSL with dynamic IP.
2.Office Machine: running WIndows 2000 Pro, working in a Local Network (3 machines at Lan). This machine has 2 network cards, 1 to conected to Internet via ADSL modem with Dynamic IP, and another one to connect to other 2 machines in a Local Network via Hub. Software Rasppoe installed to permit share Internet connection with another machine at network. IP to internet is Dynamic.

Firewall installed in both nodes (Home and Office) is Macafee Internet Suite.

Detail: I am using the software DNS2GO to enable a domain for me at Office Machine.

I have done everything described in Manual, created the Host VPN at Office, exported the Key and generated the VPN client im my home.

When I try to connect the VPN i receive the following message:
"The node name has already been registered with VPN"

Some idea???

tks

[/b]
Elias

Postby Pascal » Nov 20 04 8:19 pm

That could be for two reasons. One, the Node Name (General / Information page of the global VPN setup) is already in use on the VPN. (I.e. two machines with the name "Local Network of Bob")

A second option is that the connection was broken, but that the TCP connection on the server has not timed out yet. (Happens sometimes) Until that connection disappears, the Node name (VPN Name) is still in use. Normally you can fix this simply by waiting for 3 to 5 minutes, although a restart of the server will 'cure' it instantly.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby Elias » Nov 21 04 1:19 am

Pascal wrote:That could be for two reasons. One, the Node Name (General / Information page of the global VPN setup) is already in use on the VPN. (I.e. two machines with the name "Local Network of Bob")

Yeahhh... Guy, i got this yestarday at 3:00 am (24 hours trying) and is exactly that. My home was the same name of my Office.

Thanks very mach Pascal
Elias

Return to WinGate VPN