Connect to VPN

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Connect to VPN

Postby jbauman » Oct 30 03 4:58 am

I just set up my WinGate VPN on my server. I will be traveling out of state in Nov, can I connect through AOL? If so what do I use to connect with? I have never used a VPN before.
jbauman

Postby marconotsopolo » Oct 31 03 10:10 am

You need Wingate VPN Client installed on your laptop, and a VPN key generated by the VPN server (you need to import this into the client), you will also need to make sure that your firewall/router at the server end gives access to port 609, and that you have given yourself permission on the vpn server to access/connect to the vpn.

AOL is just your gateway onto the internet, so long as you have the vpn client configured correctly with the correct IP address of the vpn server and the server configured correctly to allow you access then this should not be a problem.

have fun
Mark
Where did you say the "AnyKey" was?.
marconotsopolo

Connect to VPN

Postby jbauman » Oct 31 03 10:15 am

is this the client? VPNOnly1.0.10.848-USE.EXE
jbauman

Postby marconotsopolo » Oct 31 03 10:23 am

This is the client and server version, when installing you will be asked if you wish to install as a server or client.. select client, this will install wingate VPN client..
marconotsopolo

Postby marconotsopolo » Oct 31 03 10:32 am

You may or may not get asked this on version 10?. but install the vpn software anyway, as this is all you need to get you going.
marconotsopolo

Return to WinGate VPN